English Learners Advisory Committee
Parent Teacher AssociationThe PTA organizes book fairs, school fundraisers, and other events and even funds various educational programs.
It helps parents stay abreast of developments at school and provides parents with a means to suggest changes to improve their school and community.
The PTA also provides information on ways parents can support their child’s education and allows parents to hone their skills and talents in service to that cause.
More importantly, the PTA connects parents with other families and helps build a sense of community.
School Site Council
- Implementation of a Standards-Based Instructional Program
- Establishing and Monitoring Systems of Assessment and Evaluation
- English Language Learners
- Special Education
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Current tuberculosis (TB) test dated within 60 days
- Copy of a valid driver’s license
Please allow at least two (2) weeks for fingerprint processing.
PAW Program Activities
- Chaperoning and/or driving on field trips*
- Tutoring students in your child’s classroom one-on-one or in a small group*
- Setting up learning centers in your child’s classroom
- Coordinating and scheduling classroom or schoolwide events (science fair, book fair, art exhibits, cultural events, family nights for math/reading)
- Taking pictures or videotaping school events
- Assisting on Picture Day or on Vision and Hearing Screening Days
- Organizing/distributing materials, supplies, books, etc.
- Organizing the supply/book room
- Preparing materials for arts and crafts, science, social studies, or service learning projects**
- Clerical tasks**
- Running photocopies**
- Reproducing learning materials**
- Gathering resource materials**
- Assisting in the library/computer lab
- Helping another classroom*
- Reading to students
- Leading a school club or sports/outside games program*
- Cleaning/organizing lost and found items**
- Participating in school beautification projects
- Coordinating fundraising activities**
- Writing grant letters**
- Supervising students during recess and lunch*
- Interpreting or translating foreign languages**
- Decorating bulletin boards and displays
- Donating items to the school (equivalent to 1 volunteer hour once per school year)
- Providing an educational workshop/presentation